We all use oxymorons, jumbo shrimp, actual reenactment, minor miracle.
We all know that it is almost impossible to control anything, other than occasionally our thoughts and actions. We also know that change is a constant and generates most of our stress and fear. So Controlling Change sounds crazy, right?
Here are six simple steps for how to use the Control Change concept to help move forward into a more peaceful, positive and productive year..
- Honestly realize, admit and commit to the change(s) needed.
- Set clear, measurable and realistic definitions of what success will look and feel like, so we recognize success when we get there.
- Create an actual plan (formally or informally) of how we will intertwine these new thoughts and actions effectively and consistently into our everyday lives.
- Implement our strategy for Control Change.
- Review, Assess, Tweak and Restart.
How’s it going? Bite off a little too much, too little? Getting the results hoped for? No? What do we need to add, stop or change?
6. Review steps 1 -4 and restart.
Keep in mind that each day begins with unlimited potential; we can choose any path we want.
Success is in OUR hearts, minds and hands not the hands or hearts of others.