Pay Attention To The Quiet
DON’T BE OVERCOME BY THE NEGATIVE NOISE
Ever notice that often times those who yell the loudest have the least positive to say? Messages of fear and self-focus are everywhere, but gratefully we don’t have to buy in to the negativity.
When we begin to feel that our fears are overtaking our sense of care, joy and peace, it is the perfect time for us to reach out and reconnect with our inherent good.
It’s time to pay attention to the stuff that’s important, not just loud. To paraphrase Gandhi, we need to be the joy we hope to find in this world.
Let’s spend this next week paying attention to the quiet things that are often drowned out by the loud. The small, simple things. Read positive and uplifting material, watch a sunset or a sunrise, play with our children or grandchildren, or volunteer to help others less fortunate.
There are dozens of things we can accomplish everyday when we change our focus from “WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?” to “WHAT’S IN IT FROM ME?”
Take the next week to work on having a Positive Focus by promising yourself:
- I will take time everyday to focus on the needs others, allowing love to grow in and around me.
- I will keep my focus outward and take positive actions.
- I will pay attention to the quiet melody of joy and happiness that is ever present.
- I will actively pursue giving and receiving love and forgiveness.
- I will seek and find a quiet place to reflect on the joys that surround me constantly.
- I will be the joy I wish to find.
Work to make the week special for others, and your week will be amazing!